It is our mission to provide the resources and experiences to
Build Healthy Students
physically, cognitively and socially, now and for a lifetime.
The Vision of the Batavia High School Physical Education and Health Department is to produce graduates who possess:
· Knowledge of the five components of fitness and how they can improve or maintain those areas based on annual fitness assessments.
· Qualities of good sportsmanship, cooperation, and teamwork to enhance their contributions in our society.
· The ability to confidently participate in a variety of individual and team sports, weight training exercises, and recreational activities throughout their lives.
· A clear understanding that staying fit is a lifetime goal by choosing to participate in activities and make decisions that promote healthy habits.
· An understanding of the Health Triangle (Physical, Mental-Emotional, Social), and identify, maintain or find the resources to change to ensure a balanced life.
A health and wellness process which is the primary responsibility of the student, but which is also shared by family, district and community.
Accountability for all students to be prepared, on time and give 100% effort at all times. We believe students should accept responsibility and consequences for personal decisions and behaviors.
Positive attitudes, cooperative collaboration, and appropriate communication in ways that promote and maintain dignity and respect for all.
The alignment of a diverse curriculum to meet State standards and allow students an elective process for activities which best suit their personal, fitness and health education needs.
A comprehensive program which values creativity, critical thinking, and problem-solving.
Annual Trifit assessments for all students so they can compare, contrast and analyze data to make appropriate decisions about their health and well-being.
An environment that promotes learning through competition, sportsmanship, and team-building.
Students' ability to have knowledge of the 5 health related components of fitness and apply them within their physical training throughout their lives. (Muscular Strength, Muscle Endurance, Flexibility, Cardiovascular Endurance, Body Composition)
Maximal activity and guided practice time for all students at appropriate level of ability.
Students' learning experiences will have the potential to integrate psychomotor, affective and cognitive learning domains whenever possible.
The encouragement of a positive attitude toward physical activity that leads to a more active lifestyle during unscheduled leisure time.
Appropriate class sizes conducive to student learning.
Current and cutting edge technologies that allow students to be prepared for life after Batavia High School.
Data from a variety of sources to help our staff make continuous improvements in our curriculum.
A modified Physical Education program that is available to all students with special needs and medical limitations.
Safe and functional equipment and facilities for students and staff.
Keeping our Students Safe by having a plan of communication to and from the building administration in case of emergency.
The belief that a fit body makes for a fit mind, and the correlation between fitness, brain activity and academic success.